Saturday, August 22, 2009

Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 400
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Rating: 10/5 [;

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Review:

Oh, oh, oh I have a new favorite book! I have a new book crush ;] And he is the infamous Patch. Okay, now that's out of the question, let's get on to the review... Shall we?

This novel follows Nora Grey through some terrifying encounters, and she thinks she knows who's up with all the misfit. Patch. The thing is, she's starting to like him more and more. Which is also something she doesn't do, fall in love. She starts piecing things together, and she can't believe her mind...

I loved this book, more than I thought was possible. I liked the idea of this book, fallen angels. Usually with paranomal-ish books you get angels, vampires, werewolfs, fairies, even dwarfs; but with this you get something totally orignal. I loved that! I have to admit, some parts deathly reminded me of Twilight, but it was different.

The characters were well rounded. Vee is Nora's best friend, and she keeps pushing guys at her, but she's still the best friend that she calls when she's scared or worried. Just like any friend. Patch is that bad boy any girl would want, but he's sweet as can be under that layer because of Nora; he's also dangerous. That's something else you don't get often. Nora. A girl whose independant and confident, falls in love with Patch. But! She doesn't completely fall for him with a snap of your fingers. It moved slowly, now that's a good MC. Then there are the other characters, and they add to it the story very well. Even if there are some from the past.

The plot kept me on my toes, and I know I say that alot, but it's really true this time. There's action towards the middle and end of the book. But throughout reading, there's suspense! And a lot of it. You think it's one person, then later on BOOM, it's not who you expected. Fitzpatrick did that wonderfully. The description through the book was awesome, and there was alot of it. Good way!

The cover is amazing. I love how it's actually showing what the book is about. The way he's falling, with the wings and the red on the very top. Captivating, I must say.

Overall, I'm in love with this book! And not in love as you would think, but book love! Hahaha, does that make sense? I think not, but anyways. I think Fitzpatrick did a really great job with her debut novel. I'm definately re-reading this book and looking foward to its sequel, yes sequel!, coming out in 2010[:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]