Friday, August 21, 2009

Review: Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Title: Prophecy of the Sisters

Author: Michelle Zink
Publisher: Little, Brown Company
Pages: 352
Rating: 3.5/5

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-One good...One evil...Who will prevail? Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust. They just know they can't trust each other.





Review:

This book was creepy, and I'm not sure it was in a good or bad way. I'm leaning towards good, but I haven't read many "creepy" books much to even compare. It's in a Gothic area and I think that's why I found it creepy, but either way I liked it either way.

The characters were great, and the writing, and the plot! I couldn't put this book down, and when I had to I couldn't wait to get up and read more... The plot was THAT good. The characters were well developed and each had their place in the story. The writing. It made me feel as if I were really in the 1800's. I wish I could write that good!

The first book in the trilogy had a lot of twists and turns. The riddle of the prohecy was hard, but I could figure it out before the characters in the story! Well, most of it anyway.

I think you should read this, and for all of you who already read it...do me a favor and read it again(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]