Monday, May 10, 2010

Review | Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Title: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Author: John Green & David Levithan
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 310
Rating: 4/5

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical. Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them legions of faithful fans.
Will Grayson, Will Grayson was one of those novels you just have to read. The alternating chapters give you points of views from two different people named the same name. My favorite W.G happened to be the second one, the depressed one. His voice drew me in and had me feeling what he was feeling. I connected more with him. Did I mention the writing was unique? I loved that. It was fantastic and had humor and realization. On the flipside though, you had the first Will Grayson who was, inevitably, was the dork with the gay best friend. His POV was more laid back and funny, especially with Tiny Cooper. He's the gay best friend who had me laughing quite a lot. Overall this novel says a lot about different kinds of love there actually are and I highly recommend you buy it or borrow it, anything to make you read it! :)

Favorite Line:
"maybe tonight you're scared of falling, and maybe there's somebody here or somewhere else you're thinking about, worrying over, fretting over, trying to figure out if you want to fall, or how and when you're going to land, and i gotta tell you friends that to stop thinking about the landing, because it's all about falling. maybe there is something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. it's gonna hurt. it's gonna hurt because it matters."

1 comment:

  1. Liking the layout change!
    I'm thinking of using this new feature Blogger's offering to change mine, but I'm scared, cause my layout's really fit for my blog, but I want something more classy and relaxed-looking.

    Oh, and I definitely want to read this!
    Everyone says it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]