Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Willow by Julia Hoban


Title: Willow
Author: Julia Hoban
Publisher: Penguin Group
Pages: 329
Rating: 10/10


Seven months ago on a rainy March night, Willow's parents drank too much wine at dinner and asked her to drive them home. But they never made it- Willow loast control of the car, and both her parents were killed.


Now seventeen, Willow is living with her older brother, who can barely speak to her. She has left behind her old home, friends, and school. But Willow has found a way to survive, to numb the new reality of her life: She is secretly cutting herself.


And then she meets Guy, a boy as sensitive and complicated as she is. When Guy discovers Willow's secret, he pulls her out of the solitary world she's created for herself, and into a difficult, intense, and potentially life-changing relationship.



I have read many books with this subject before; But none met my expections higher than this book. You could really feel Willow's pain as she tries to overcome the guilt that carries her through the day. In other words, Julia really brought out the characters, just like they were real people. The writing in this book, I have to say, is fantastic. The author really made it feel like you knew the person, feeling the pain they felt. I've never had that happen in any other book like this one. I honestly wanted to read the book as slowly as I can because I didn't want it to end. The cover of this book really shows the meaning throughout the book, it fits perfectly. I have to say, I was seriously thinking that each piece, or strip was actually glued on there... That was lame wasn't it? Hah, sorry guys. But anyways! I nearly cried at the end of the book because it came to together so well, the pain and relief that came out at you from every side... I was happy for Willow.
I feel I didn't give this book review justice, words just can't desribe how good this book was! You all should go buy or borrow this book, you'll love it!
(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]