Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lessons From A Dead Girl - Jo Knowles




Title: Lessons from a Dead Girl
Author: Jo Knowles
Publisher: Candle Wick Press?
Pages: 215
Score: 6.5/10

Leah Greene is dead. For Laine, the pain of knowing what really happened and the awful feeling that she is, in some way, responsible set her on a journey of painful self-discovery.

Yes, she had wished for this. She hated Leah that much. Hated her for all the times in the closet, when Leah made her do those things. They were just practicing, Leah said. Practicing for when they got older and got married. But Laine knew that other girls don't do those things. Do they? Why did Leah choose her? Was she special? Or just easy to control? And why didn't Laine make it stop?

In the aftermath of the tragedy, Laine is left to explore the devasting lessons Leah taught her, find some meaing in them, and decided wheter she can forgive Leah and, ultimately, herself.

I can't really decide if I liked this book or not. What Leah made Laine do is sickening, I mean forcing your friend to do that stuff? Woah. This book I think is really about finding yourself, and not let guilt ruin your life. The book also is a short read, although it took me long enough to finish it! But I can't say anything else about this book, I cannot think of anythign else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]