Friday, June 26, 2009

Something, Maybe: Elizabeth Scott

I wonder what it would be like to do high school things. To go out on the weekends. To kiss a guy. To have a normal life. A real one.

Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showcasing photos of pretty girls and his party lifestyle all over the Internet, and her mom was once one of her dad's girlfriends and is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for way too long, Hannah has mastered the art of staying under the radar...and that's just how she likes it.

Of course, that doesn't help her get noticed by her crush. Hannah's sure that gorgeous, sensitive Josh is her soul mate. But trying to get him to notice her; wondering why she suddenly can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn; and dealing with her parents make Hannah feel like she's going crazy. Yet she's determined to make things work out the way she wants — only what she wants may not be what she needs....

Once again, Elizabeth Scott has created a world so painfully funny and a cast of characters so heartbreakingly real that you'll love being a part of it from unexpected start to triumphant finish.

Review:

This is my second novel that I've read by Scott, and I have four words for you. I. Loved. This. Book. Out of all the young adult love stories, I loved this one the best. The plot is kind of predictable, and it was SO not a bad thing when it came to this book. Elizabeth Scott managed to make that completely new in her own way. Finn was so adorable and sweet, he was my favorite character of this book. Josh was gross, in my opinion (haha) I mean going after someone's MOM?! Ewww. About mom's, Hannah's wasn't so bad. She was kinda quirky in a good way, yet still a mother. Hannah's father was cruel, very cruel. I mean how bad is it to be without camera's for your daughter. I recommend this for any teen who loves love stories [:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]