Friday, June 5, 2009

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys - Kate Brian


Title: Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys
Author: Kate Brian
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 272
Rating: 5/5


When she was nine, Megan Meade met a group of terrible, mean, Popsicle-goo-covered boys, the sons of her father's friend- the McGowan boys. Now, seven years later, Megan's army docotr parents are sjipping off to Korea and MEgan is being sent ot live with the little monsters, who are older and quite different than she remembered them.

Living in a house with seven boys will give Megan, who has never been kissed, the perfect opportunity to learn everything there is to know about boys. And she'll send all her notes to her best friend, Tracy, in...

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys

Observation 1: Being an army brat sucks. Except that this is definitely a better alterantive to moving to Korea.

Observation 2: Forget evil, laughing, little monsters. These guys have been touched by the Abercrombie gods. They are a blur of toned, suntanned, perfection.

Observation 3: I need a lock on my door STAT.

Observation 4: Three words: six-pack-abs.

Observation 5: Do not even get me started on the state of the bathroom. I'm thinking of calling in a haz-mat team. Seriously.

Observation 6: These boys know how to make enemies. Big time.

Megan Meade will hve to juggle a new school, a new family, a new crush- on the boy next door, as in next bedroom door-and a new life. Will she survive the McGowan boys?

I loved this book, to say the least. Each and every one of the McGowan boys looked alike in some way, but as you get through the book you see each of their personalities shines through. I liked the fact that Megan helped Miller with his disorder, and I loved seeing him come through with her. The only thing that I didn't get was did Evan really like her or not? I loved the character of Finn, he seemed to be the artisitic type...duh he was! (: I can't say much more because my parents are home, and they need the computer; but this book is a great read, it's not new or anything...but you'll enjoy it just like me![:

1 comment:

  1. i litterally just finished it this morning. i loved finn's character. do you know if Kate is going to write a sequel? i heard they are making it into a tv show. they better have good actors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]