Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Policy

So, you want me to review your book? Well I've got news for you, I do just that. You probably have some questions about my blog. Am I right? Well, let's get to it.

Types of Books:
This blog is devoted to reviewing young adult titles, because that is what my blog's all about. If you're book hasn't yet been released, or it has,
either way I would love to review it! It'll be my pleasure. I don't review E-books, it's just too much staring at the screen. Memoirs, science-fiction, non-fiction, and historic are usually not my favorites. There's an exception to historic, you'll need to send a synopsis along with your email. I do love paranormal, romance, and everything in between. If you want to ensure I'll review your book, send a synopsis of your book along with the email.

Review Timeline:
If you send me a book to review, great! When a novel isn't released yet, I'll post the review a month before it's release. However, it is released, you can expect a review anytime from 3-5 days depending on how much I liked it. Books for review are my first priority.


My review style:
I rate novels with the system posted below. If you receive five robots, or stars if you will, I absolutely loved it. It's exactly what I love in a book. If you received four robots, I loved it, but not as much as a five robot-ed rating. Three robots means that I liked a book, it was okay and reached my expectations. If you received a two robot rating I did not like it all it. It wasn't horrible, but I just disliked it. At last, the rating most books will never go, is one robot. It means I hated it, and isn't worth anyone's time.


Attention:
The first and foremost place that your book's review is going to be is on my blog, Darling Reviews. It's where most of them are posted. I do have a Goodreads account, and the review will be posted on that site as well for people who are always logged into that site. I have a Twitter, so my followers there will also know how much I liked a certain book. A picture, usually on the right sidebar, act as a coming up review.

Contests:

Followers:
If you are under thirteen, I'm going to have to ask permission from your parent's first. This is just for your safety, and not meant to be taken rudely. I would expect you to be completely honest. Just have one of your parents shoot me an email saying it's okay. You name and address will not be given to anyone else and is automatically deleted after I send the package.

Authors & Publishers:
If you want to host a contest through my blog, I would love to! Just tell me what you want given away, the deadline, and anything else and we'll come up with something! Also, if you want to schedule an interview or whatnot, I'd love to do that as well.

So that's about it. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to shoot me an email at readdarlingreviews(at)hotmail(dot)com. I check it everyday.

*Updated 1/14/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]