Friday, January 15, 2010

Review | The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Title: Forest of Hands and Teeth
Author: Carrie Ryan

Publisher: Delacorte
Pages: 308
Rating: 3/5

"In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.

When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future - between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?"


My thoughts:

The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a different novel that I would normally never read. Zombie just aren't my thing. But it was thrilling and had you wondering what secrets the Sisterhood and even the Unconsecrated held.

The writing is sort of dated back, if you will, and I really don't mind that because either way, it was written really good. The characters were awesomely dimensional, but you really couldn't tell how old they were. But that's not a problem. The Unconsecrated weren't my thing, and it's what the book is mostly based around. Again with the buts, but I found them interesting. Especially Gabrielle. The plot, to me, is loosely based around them walking on a path towards nothing. The ending confused me massively and left me asking questions, but kind of soothed Mary so it didn't matter.

So I did like this book even though it was about zombies. The whole love thing in this novel was heartbreaking, and that is probably why I liked it. I would recommend if you like reading about zombies! You'll definitely love it.

Disclaimer: Borrowed from a local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]