Monday, July 27, 2009

Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi

Title: Boys That Bite;
Author: Mari Mancusi;
Publisher: Penquin Publishing;
Pages: 262;
Rating: 5/5

My mom is so going to kill me if she finds out I'm turning into a vampire. Okay, so technically she can't because I'm immortal. Well, not yet. See, due to the worst case of mistaken identity with my dark-side-loving twin sister at a Goth hangout called Club Fang, Magnus, a vampire hottie, went for my inncoent neck instead of hers. Now, if I don't reverse it in time, Magnus will be my blood mate forever and I'm doomed to be a blood-gulping, pasty, daylight-hating vampire. Believe me, it seriously bites.

After the unfortunate slaying of the vampire leader, it's up to me, my sister, and Magnus to find the one thing that can solve my problem- the Holy Grail. No joke. I seriously hope I can get out of this in time because, somehow, I scored the hottest prom date in my school, the mouth-watering Jake Wilder. And I do not want to be a vampire for the prom- let alone the rest of enternity...

Review:

As my second book this week, it's another vampire teen book. Yes I'm obsessed, okay not that much but you get it. I liked this book, and you can guess which character I liked... Magnus. Yupp, you guessed it. The writing and plot are very good, sounds like a teen wrote it, but it's an overall short read. The only problem I did have with the book was the names of the twins, I mean really it's super lame. Sunny and Rayne? Really? Yeaaaaah. Another thing I disliked would be the whole deal with Jake, it got annoying on so many levels. But it's got humor, romance, and vampires all rolled into one, something I tend to like in books more often than normal. Overall, this is a good light read and I cannot wait to read the second book of this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]