Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside by Beth Fantaskey

Title: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Pages: 351
Rating: 15/5

Enter a bizarre new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu who claims Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth and he's her long-lost finace. He's arrogant, officious, embarrassingly overprotective, and, well, incredibly hot.

Armed with a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire's Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica tries to imagine the transition from an average American teenager to a glam European vampire princess. But just when things start to heat up with Lucius, a devious cheerleader sets her sights on him.

Soon Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war- and have Lucius's soul from eternal damnation. All of which leaves her to wonder: Wouldn't her life be easier if she could just fall for a nice mortal boy?

Review:

I really loved this book. I'll be straight with you, it sounds a little bit like Twilight and New Moon rolled into one, but it's the idea of it, not the actual thing. But I didn't really care, I love this book and the Twilight series, always will. I like the fact that it talked about bethrowed and stuff like that, I really liked Lucious Lucius - not his real name, really, nick name from the book. His character was well put together, as well with Jessica. I liked the fact that she didn't like him at first, then grew to love him- awwwww much? Lucius acted very well with being an all american teenager, although he was Romanian (; I hated his uncles, and him towards the end only for like three seconds! Har, har. But the writing and plot are really good, some may think the same others will not. Overall, I reccommend this book to everyone that can read! Well, in the teenage area, of course. I wonder if they're will be a sequel, if so I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]