Saturday, October 17, 2009

Review: The Vampire Diaries - The Awakening by L.J Smith

Title: The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening
Author: L.J. Smith
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 272
Rating: 5/5

"A deadly love triangle

Elena: beautiful and popular, the girl who can have any boy she wants.

Stefan: brooding and mysterious, desperately trying to resist his desire for Elena . . . for her own good.

Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him.

Elena finds herself drawn to both brothers . . . who will she choose?"

My thoughts:

I'm not going to compare this to Twilight, at all. So you're getting a full review, NOT based on another book. Those are annoying, aren't I right?

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening is a book filled with suspense and great characters. It'll have you sitting at the edge of your seat just wanting more.

Elena is the girl who can get any guy that she wants and the queen of the highschool, but deep down she is vulnerable and confused. Stefan is your brooding, dark, and mysterious guy that comes out of nowhere, and Elena wants him more than any other guy. Let's not forget Damon. He's the dark, evil, twice as mysterious older brother. He's not shown much in this book, but I know he's going to bring more into the book. I found all the characters normal, in a book sense. The writing is fantastic, it gives you descriptions that are perfect but not over bearing. Overall, I loved this book and I can't wait to read the other books to come in the series.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book too! And I'm waiting for the right time to read the second book, haha. Thanks for your review :)

    And thank goodness you didn't compare it to Twilight (just as I was about to do for my review of this book). I agree, those are really annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]