Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Review: The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine.

Title: The Dead Girls' Dance
Author: Rachel Caine
Publisher: NAL Jam
Pages:247
Rating: 5/5

Claire Danvers has her share of challenges - like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her down, and above all, finding out that her college town is overrun with vampires. On the up side, she has a great roommate (who tends to disappear at sunup) and a new boyfriend named Shane... whose vampire-hunting dad has called in backup: cycle punks who like the idea of killing just about anything.

Now a fraternity is throwing its annual Dead Girls' Dance and - surprise! - Claire and her equally outcast best friend, Eve, have been invited. When they find out why, all hell is going to break loose. Because this time both the living and the dead are coming out - and everybody's hungry for blood.

My thoughts:

So I finished a book in less the 12 hours. But, hey, it happens to the best of us. I totally had a reason, though! It was short, okay not that short, but it was suberb good. And i don't even use that word! Anyways.

In this sequel to Glass Houses, there are more characters added in to the original ones. The one I found most interesting this time had to be Amelie. She was icy, yet mother-like. That was a character I just wanted to learn more about. The others, the main characters, still were as good as ever.

Although the last book was good, this one had more action in it which made it better. Is that even possible? Well, it is to me. On any terms, it's getting more creepy each book of the series I read. That's something I love, the anticipation.

Overall, this is a good sequel, and I can't wait to read the third book. And not to mention, the review might be added tomorrow also. I'm finishing them quick, I love them that much [: I kind of went fan-girly on you, and I'm sorry. And I have to get into the groove, as they say, into writing reviews again. I shouldn't take long to read, I forget how to write reviews. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]