Monday, September 7, 2009

Review: Stake That! by Mari Mancusi

Title: Stake That!
Author: Mari Mancusi
Publisher: Berkley Publishing
Pages: 275
Rating: 3.5/5

"Sisters. They'll swipe your clothes, your boyfriends, your destiny. But it wasn't exactly Rayne's twin Sunny's fault. Magnus, a vamp hottie and coven leader, mistook Sunny for Rayne last month and bit her instead. Now they're doing the inter-species dating thing.

Turns out that for every generation, there's a Vampire Slayer-and this time around, it just happens to be Rayne MacDonald. Her first mission: infiltrate a seedy vamp bar downtown and expose its vampire owner for purposely spreading a blood disease he created himself-a task almost harder than passing trig.

After going it alone once, Rayne realizes she needs help. So Magnus sends his sexy Goth buddy Jareth to go undercover with her. And, frankly, Rayne wouldn't mind going under the covers with him. Maybe fate doesn't bite after all..."

Review:

Rayne has done everything and anything to become a vampire once and for all. On the day she's supposed to be turned, her soul-mate bite her twin sister rather than her. After this all, she's not so happy about it. On top of all that, she's been told she's a vampire slayer. Unbelievable, huh? Follow Rayne as she files through her first task.

I saw this book at the library and jumped, because I was looking forward to reading the second book. Just today, I realized it was corrupted. I ended up reading half of the book upside down. Flipping pages to the right rather than the left. Don't forget to add in the flipped pages were repeated when the book turned to normal again. Bleck, but this didn't keep me from reading.

The writing is a kind that's sort of new to me. It's written as blog posts, in teen language. Not saying that it was a bad thing, but it sort of turned me off from the book. I enjoyed it otherwise!

The old characters from the old book are back, along with some new ones. I have a new crush, and that it Jareth. Mmm, British blondish yummiest. Ahem, excuse me. Anyways, I like how he was brooding, almost hating the world, then you find out he's as soft as a marshmallow inside. I love that!
Overall, I enjoyed this sequel and I'm on the move to find the third book. I think you'll like this book, if you're a Twilight fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]