Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Review: Milestones by Samira Armin Hodges

Title: Milestones
Author: Samira Armin Hodges
Publisher:Guathier Publications
Pages: 252
Rating: 5/5

One day. That’s how long it took for fourteen year-old Faye Martin’s ordinary life to take a dramatic and unexpected turn. First, she gets struck by lightning. Second, Benjamin Parker, the object of her obsession, witnessed her near-death experience. Finally, her parents force her to leave her hometown of Seattle to attend a summer camp, aptly named ‘Camp Milestone’. Only, Camp Milestone is no ordinary camp. Before she knows it, Faye finds herself caught in a whirlwind of uncertainty, torture, calamine lotion and romance….All in the name of summer camp. But as the summer unfolds, she realizes there is much more to Camp Milestone than meets the eye. Will she be able to unravel the mystery that surrounds this unusual camp? And more importantly, will she be able to survive the madness long enough to put the pieces together?

Review:

Faye is being sent to a camp. For reasons she doesn't even know about. When she gets tehre she find its not like your typical summer camp. Can she figure out why before the summer ends?

I'll try so hard not to go all fan-girly on you. But this book caught me so unexpectidly. In the best way possible! So please, please if I go all you know, deal with it this one time? Thanks! On to the actual review, my fellow bloggers.

This novel itself caught be totally off guard! Hell, I thought it was a cliche tale of a girl who goes to camp, camp isn't normal kind of thing. I was so wrong, so wrong. The writing is just like a teen, but still creates something great. It gives the story so much more. The letters to Diane also add to that. I love it!

Faye is just your average fourteen year old girl. She's stubborn and misunderstood like we all are at one point of our life- or still am. Plus so much more. I loved her characters. The other ones fit in well with the story plot, which I might add is fantastic. Benji, or Benjamin is your typical guy the unpopular girl likes. He's strong willed and a gentleman.I liked him as well.

This is a wonderful, mysterious, comical, cutesy type book. If your willing to put aside your initial thoughts and read through, it'll catch you by surprise and make you fall in love with it.

So that wasn't so fan-girly as I thought it would be. But this is: Go get this book, now. I said now girls and guys! NOW. Don't let me frighten you now, I'm plainly kidding. But seriously, you'll love it. Mhm, just trust me [;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, wanna comment? :]